Rob Cross and Jon Katzenbach identify five distinctive leader traits :
• Outgoing: Extroverted and exuberant but also good self-monitors.
• Empathetic: Approachable and able to sympathize.
• Accessible: Fully present and welcoming.
• Energizing: Fellow employees feel invigorated by them.
• Optimistic: Focus on solutions, not what can't work.
How to indentify an office influencer ?
From Twitter to Chatter, the new private social network:
And here it is the wrong idea.
And finally, it's always the same song: "What does an influential person and influence mean at work?". A power to affect persons based on prestige or a hierarchical position? Or causing something without any direct or apparent effort? And what does Chatterati's or Klout exactly measure? Friendship? Expertise? Talkativeness? Gossiping?